Friday, April 10, 2015

(Always) Magical April

Today's the 10th day of April, first post in April, but what I can say, let's just talk about April.
Aside from it is the month of my birthday, April is always fun, but this year is exceptionally blossom.. I am gladly saying to you that I will be travelling soon. It can be said as a birthday trip. In fact, it is actually a business trip to U.S.A. Yeah baby United States of America, my so-called second home. This time, I am going to different states. Just exciting! I will be in Chicago for about a week,a couple of days in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.

The story behind this trip is actually something that I want to talk more.

So... as you might know that the company that I work having partnership with various schools overseas. We often get invitation for a FAM Trip (Familiarize trip) or agent conference. I am so blessed that I got this opportunity. Actually, I was also in for another FAM Trip to Europe, but I voluntarily out of the line, and voted for US trip.
The reason why I chose US over Europe because it's just magical. It started with a simple daydreaming. I happened to do "I wish" a lot in the beginning of this year. "I wish I can experience winter again" "I wish I can eat Chipotle again" "I wish I can go to US again". I merely wondered to do stuff that I missed to do in the States. I missed some food, I regret not doing 'this' and 'that' in my last trip in 2013. It started simple. Soon, not long after those "I wish", an email came to me at one night. Asked whether I wanted to go to US FAM Trip or not. Jaw dropped.

I think I am sane enough to take it although I am a US graduate. The purpose of this FAM trip is to be FAMILIAR (duh! heck ya) with the education system, schools, and surrounding. Once, US trip was given to another colleague because my boss said that "let's just give another (country) to Chendani" (heartbroken, #notreally). So, I am surprised that I got this trip. I was totally excited and retreated from the Europe trip because I will be going to the states that I never been to. Most of them are in Northeast. Perhaps, that's nothing much in South Virginia or Vermont. But, different states has different things. I like to explore more. Can't go to Washington DC, can go to Pennsylvania. Can't go to Minnesota, can go to Chicago. I am just excited with more States are put on my list. I am just excited that I can do what I haven't had a chance to do while I was in US or in my last trip (2013). Ah, I never got enough of US. I still have US visa on my passport until 2017. Who knows, I can make one more trip. I tell myself to go to Seattle again someday. US might be not the best country in the world, but you can never explain why you are in love with something can't you?.

Another "dream come true" moment. My favorite airline so far is Korean airline. I like the food, I like Incheon airport, I like the movies on the plane, I like the musics, I even love the blanket. Guess what. An email came on Good Friday; an itinerary.

SUB - DPS; Garuda Indonesia
DPS - ICN; Korean airline
ICN - ORD; Korean airline

I cried

Thank you
Because this trip is so smooth and well-planned unlike my Batman Adventure last year which was rushed but FUN. Hopefully, the trip goes smooth on the D-day as well. Travelling never been easy. I still get nervous for an overseas trip. Especially, when I need to catch multiple flights in short amount of time. Nevertheless, I am ready for the 10,000 miles or so trip, despite the sexy rate of dollar currently.

Today is also exceptionally blessed. Many good news come.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you



CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment